Friday, November 23, 2012

Dark Tray Ceilings

Hi friends!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday yesterday and that your turkey coma is almost over!  Maybe you're out there shopping with the rest of the crazies... if you are, I applaud you.  I, for one, can not hang with the Black Friday crowd.  I've accepted this and am perfectly okay with it.

So what am I doing today?  Painting, painting, painting, decorating for Christmas, and then more painting!  As is the norm around here, my Master Bedroom makeover has turned into quite the project.  I started with painting the ceiling and tray ceiling.  I was just about to be done with painting the walls but I RAN OUT OF PAINT!  Don't you hate that?!  I have a little more than one wall and some cutting in to do and that's it... guess I'll be heading out today during the Black Friday madness for some more paint.

As I rolled on the new paint color (Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore, color-matched at the Home Depot), I also soon realized that what I thought was off-white trim was really a light light tan color, sooooo looks like I'll be repainting trim as well.  See what I mean about this turning into quite the project?

All that aside, let's get to the real reason for this post... Now that I've brightened the ceiling and drop ceiling with white paint, I'm toying with the idea of a dramatic dark ceiling inset.  Here are some of the ones that caught my eye:







What do you think?  Aren't they fabulous?

Maybe I should pick up a sample of a dark shade and try it on for size??  Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Your comments are the chips to my salsa... can't live without 'em! Thanks so much for taking the time to chat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails